About this blog...

Technology consumes me. It's everywhere and getting exponentially more exciting every year. I categorize myself as a junky, always looking for my next big 'fix' that captures my attention... Here I'll be writing about cool things I discover, buy, or build, and your occasional rant for flavor. If you're like me, then you can always use one more place to find that attention grabbing fix...

Tuesday 11 October 2011

The Future of Television, Console Gaming, and Entertainment as we know it...

Is sitting down in front of your TV and watching what you want, when you're ready for it too much to ask?  Why is Big Hollywood so keen on holding back on technology when every arm chair critic paying attention can see the overwhelming obviousness of the shift to truly on demand content?  It would seem that money does corrupt absolutely as it's preventing some otherwise really smart people from capitalizing on some serious disposable income.

My big question...where are you Google & Apple?  I'm ready to open my wallet to a world of Android and iOS powered televisions, where channels become apps, shows wait patiently to be watched according to my schedule, and advertising gains the advantage of cloud connectivity, delivering online purchasing, audience targeting, and a delivery method far more affordable than what is currently in place.

It's time for a change.  Millions of people are ahead of the curve by way of torrenting & P2P.  You complain that they infringe and are costing you your tried and true business model, but don't you see that your efforts could be better spent delivering content by a means that we all want; and so dearly enough to risk personal repercussion.  In fact you might say that it is you cheating us, and that you are costing yourself the first stab at a new way of thinking... but instead you give away that head start to your future competitors.  In the end, when people who had not the means to create and distribute valuable content before now have the world at the other end of an established online market, no one will want your precious television broadcasts and you can have it all to yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment